- Available brand
- Lift Retracted
- 35,000 lbs.
- Lift Extended
- 16,000 lbs.
- Tow Rating
- 80,000 lbs.
Holmes DTU Gallery
The Holmes DTU (Detachable Towing Unit) has been re-designed to decrease rear overhang, increase front axle weight, and offer better towability. With repositioned lift cylinders, the DTU also provides superior underlift height and further improved center of gravity and weight transfer.
The unit comes standard with a 20,000 lb planetary winch, 175’ of 9/16” wire rope and front legs that allow the unit to be easily removed in a matter of minutes so your truck can be multi-functional for both towing and pulling trailers. The DTU is designed to secure to your truck using a front lock-down bracket and your Fifth Wheel Plate. The power for the unit is provided by an optional wet line kit, with quick connect couplers, which is installed on your truck. Other popular options include a 25,000 lb planetary winch, tool boxes and lanyard controls; all of which are available from your local Holmes distributor.
- Low Profile Fabricated Cross Bar
- Front Stands
- Fork Storage Holders
- Air & Electrical Lines
- Safety Chains
- Passenger Side Control
- Hook End Caps
- 5 Sets of Frame Forks
- 20,000 lb Planetary Winch 9/16” x 175’ IWRC Cable (Winch Options Include: Air Tensioners, Air Free Spool, 360° Sheave Heads)
- 25,000 lb Planetary Winch - 5/8” x 200’ IWRC Cable
- Aluminum Toolboxes
- Wet Line Kit (PTO w/Pressure Relief Valve, Pump, 15 Gallon Hydraulic Tank, Return Filter, Quick Disconnect, Fittings & Hoses)
- Hand Held Remote Control 6-Function Controller w/25’ Cord
- 5 or 9 Switch Panel
- Wireless Remote Contol
- Tow Bar Lights (wired or wireless)
- Emergency Lighting
- Tool Compartment
- Work Area Lighting
- Additional Front Lock Down Kit (for setting up second tractor)
- Bus Lift & Bus Lift Storage System
- Additional Lift Forks & Towing Attachments
|Lift Capacity||Retracted||35,000 lbs.|
|Lift Capacity||Extended||16,000 lbs.|
|Reach Past Tailboard||Fully Extended||113 inches|
|Reach Past Tailboard||Fully Retracted||51 inches|
|Power Tilt Arc||20°|
|Shipping Weight||6,200 lbs.|
|Minimum Clearance from Front of DTU to Center of Trunnion||84”|