Job Title: Buyer
Miller Industries is seeking a Full Time First Shift Buyer to work in our Ooltewah, TN campus.
** You must submit a resume to email@example.com**
Coordinates the procurement and distribution of materials, parts, equipment, and supplies for the organization by performing the following duties:
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
- Run open order & shortage reports to help ensure the timely delivery of purchased components.
- Verifies total demand of components, inventory on hand, cost, lead time, anticipated and average product usage, safety stock, component price breaks, and minimum order quantities when making purchasing decisions.
- Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested commodity.
- Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
- Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Implements purchase contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
- Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Finds and shares creative ways to reduce cost and improve overall quality of Miller Industries product lines.
- Assist accounts payable issues or pricing discrepancies encountered.
- Must be able to learn and adapt in an ever-changing environment and be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Must have good verbal and email communication skills.
- Must be good at problem solving.
- Must have the ability to assess and initiate things independently.
- Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience working in a production/manufacturing environment
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office components (Excel/Outlook/Word), as well as our LN system.
- Knowledge of the inventory/allocation/planning sessions is a plus.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Post high school degree (or currently in working towards that goal) is preferred, but not required.
** You must submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this position.**
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vets.
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: Hourly pay rate based on experience
Requisition Number: 042