Job Title: Weld Team Leader | 1st Shift | Weekly Pay | Team Leader Premium Pay | Manufacturing
Miller Industries is seeking a Weld Team Leader | 1st Shift | Weekly Pay | Team Leader Premium Pay | Manufacturing to work in our campus.
Weld Team Leader | 1st Shift | Weekly Pay | Team Leader Premium Pay | Manufacturing
Miller Industries is seeking a Team Leader for the HermitageLocation within the Weld
Summary: Assists the department supervisor and other team leaders and collaborates with other departments in the organization on our “QUEST” for Quality, Utilization, Engagement, Safety, and Timeliness.
Essential QUEST Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Verifies overall product quality will meet our customers’ expectations and internal standards by holding team members accountable for providing best in class product quality.
- Ensures proper utilization of company resources by training team members how to maximize the usefulness of the equipment provided, purpose tools efficiently, and the impact proper use has on all stakeholders.
- Optimizes employee engagement by fostering an environment where team members communicate effectively, are devoted to their jobs, are committed to the organization’s goals and values, and put effort into their workplace relationships with other team members.
- Supports a culture where safety standards are followed by educating team members on proper safety protocols and how to perform their tasks in the safest manner possible.
- Ensures timeliness in meeting day to day customer commitments by motivating team members to complete their job assignments and tasks efficiently.
Technical Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Inspects parts utilizing multiple different measuring devices to ensure product quality is within specification.
- Examine company records to include blueprints, process documentation, technical publications etc. to secure such information as it relates to product quality tests.
- Perform Work in Process inspections on all aspects of the manufacturing process.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Interprets specifications and job orders to team members and assigns or assists in assigning duties.
- Consistently recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product. Where necessary, suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or team members. Confers with the supervisor to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Performs activities of workers for which are overseen.
- Familiarity with OSHA mandates and guidelines
- Assist the supervisor in maintaining time and production records, as necessary.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
Carries out team leader responsibilities in accordance with Miller’s organization's policies and applicable laws.
Education and/or Experience: 3-5 years as a lead person or associate working in [department], or possess the equivalent combination of job relevant certifications, education, and experience. Must be willing to pursue continuing education/learning opportunities.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate computer skills. Experience with LN and MS Products is strongly desired.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vets.
Requisition Number: H60