Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Miller Industries is seeking a Full Time First Shift Maintenance Technician to work in our Greeneville, TN campus.
Miller Industries is seeking to fill the position of Maintenance Technician. This position is based in our Greeneville, Tennessee manufacturing facility and will be a part of our Maintenance/Facilities department.
Maintains and repairs equipment and physical structures of buildings by performing the following duties. Changes filters throughout various departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
- Paints interior and exterior walls and trim.
- Repairs parking lot and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching materials, and concrete.
- Operates snow removal equipment to maintain parking lots and sidewalks.
- Maintains and repairs buildings' plumbing and electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses.
- Repairs or replaces building brick, stone, and concrete.
- Maintains and repairs wood parts of buildings.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in machines and equipment such as truck, street sweeper, and riding mower.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Troubleshoots/Repairs blast booth equipment, paint booth mixing systems, welding and kidney machines, crane systems, forklifts, and machines used throughout the plant
- Coordinates with outside vendors to set up repairs or order parts
- Coordinates with other departments in the plant to schedule repair times on certain projects
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be capable of fully utilizing and embracing all technology – PC’s, software programs and proprietary systems.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. MUST be able to work flexible hours and overtime is often required.
- Basic welding skills
- Ability to operate forklift, scissor lifts, sweeper, etc.
- Basic computer skills to use maintenance ticketing system
- Basic plumbing (air, water)
- Ability to use power tools
- Basic electric troubleshooting (Motors, lights, etc.)
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. General mechanical knowledge and a degree or certificate in industrial maintenance is preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vets.
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $0 per hour
Requisition Number: G09