Job Title: Welder
Miller Industries is seeking a Full Time First Shift Welder to work in our Greeneville, TN campus.
Welds metal parts with gas welding equipment as specified by blueprints by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Positions parts in jigs or fixtures on bench or floor, or clamps parts together along layout marks.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Repairs broken or cracked metal objects, fills holes, and builds up metal parts.
- Lays out, positions, and tack welds workpieces.
- Scarfs or grooves weld prior to applying filler metal.
- Chips or grinds off excess weld, slag, or spatter.
- Cleans or degreases parts.
- Ability to MIG weld.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Ability to perform physical aspects of the job including climbing step ladders, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, and standing for long periods of time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vets.
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $16.58 per hour
Requisition Number: G61