Job Title: Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
Miller Industries is seeking a Full Time First Shift Shipping and Receiving Supervisor to work in our Greeneville, TN campus.
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
** Please complete an application in person or send an updated resume to GreenevilleRecruiter@millerind.com to be considered for this position**
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments, and preparing items for shipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Determines space requirements and position of shipment in boxcars and trucks and lays out position of shipment.
- Determines routing and legal load limits of trucks, according to established schedules and weight limits of states.
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications, and seals loaded boxcars and truck doors.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
- Maintains vehicle maintenance report.
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Compiles records of unfilled orders.
- Posts weight and shipping charges.
- Prepares bills of lading.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates.
- Adjusts errors and complaints.
Directly supervises employees in the Shipping Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, knowledge of LN software and Microsoft Office is preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vets.
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $0 per hour
Requisition Number: G16