Job Title: Production Planner
Miller Industries is seeking a Full Time First Shift Production Planner to work in our Greeneville, TN Campus.
The Production Planner will coordinate flow of work in or between multiple departments to meet customer schedules and internal goals by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigates production closing, shortages for all departments in or related to production.
- Ensures system integrity through maintenance of system records, and ERP production related work orders.
- Maintains and verifies accurate inventory levels in ERP system (LN), reports, spreadsheets, etc.
- Reports monthly accounting records.
- Responsible for closing production orders. These activities include, but not limited to, inventory cycle counts, adjustment requests, transfers, etc.
- Analyze reports and investigate system inaccuracies.
- Assisting in the resolution of MRP and Planning discrepancies such as Job Shop Bills of Material, routings, and system parameter data settings.
- Determines progress of work in each department and provides information on changes in production, engineering, and prototype processes.
- Improve production through application of innovative ideas and projects.
- Other duties as needed.
There are no supervisory activities for this position.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Experience using LN or related ERP system software
- Problem solving skills
- Computer (Excel and Word) Skills
- Willing to work overtime when needed. This includes, but not limited to, year-end inventories, end of month accounting requirements, software, machine, or process upgrades, special projects, etc.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university or Associates degree preferred; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Intermediate level experience with MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and ERP software systems.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vets.
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $0 per hour
Requisition Number: G-08