Job Title: Manufacturing Services Manager
Miller Industries is seeking a Full Time First Shift Manufacturing Services Manager to work in our Ooltewah, TN campus.
Manufacturing Services Manager
**Please submit a resume to OoltewahRecruiter@millerind.com to be considered for this position**
To properly manage employees, goals, schedules, processes, and projects in the following Operations (MSG) departments to optimize production output at the Ooltewah facilities.
- Production Control
- Manufacturing Services Engineering Group
- Warehouse Receiving/Packout
- Aftermarket Parts
- Ensures QUEST (Quality, Utilizations, Engagement, Safety, and Timeliness) performance standards are consistently met within the MSG departments.
- Conduct interviews, performance evaluations, discipline, and terminations as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Co-manage production schedule for SBU and LBU and ensures real time planning, reporting and production order accuracy in all Ooltewah Operations departments.
- Manage and reduce shortages, backorders and shortships.
- Manages employees that are responsible for ECR/BOM change requests, process sheets, military projects, and improvement projects.
- Ensure items are properly setup and driving demand in LN regarding item classifications and parameters for ordering, production, costing, warehousing, etc.
- Oversees shipments and schedules for units, parts, distribution/intercompany, subcontracting, and vendor returns.
- Oversees employees and processes related to parts order entry, procurement, and shipment of parts order entered in Ooltewah.
- Ensure inventory cycle counts and adjustments are analyzed and conducted monthly by all department supervisors and assist in year-end inventory planning.
- Manage EA’s (Expense Authorizations) and special projects to ensure production goals, deadlines, and process improvement are made throughout manufacturing.
- Coordinate with other department managers at all other Miller sites/plants as needed.
- Delegate and assign work, schedules, and tasks to technical employees.
- Assist Director of MSG with long-range operating goals, expansion efforts, and implementation of new and advanced technology and/or processes.
- Delivers daily, weekly, and monthly progress and operation reports as needed throughout the organization and management team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, and meet the necessary skills, education and/or experience requirements listed below.
Willingness to work overtime and take weekend calls when needed. This includes, but not limited to, year-end inventories, end of month accounting requirements, IT or equipment upgrades or failures, special projects, etc.
- Lean Manufacturing
- Project & Time Management
- Change Management
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required; and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be proficient in MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and ERP software systems.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vets.
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $65000 per year
Requisition Number: O68