Job Title: Manufacturing Services Engineer
Miller Industries is seeking a Full Time First Shift Manufacturing Services Engineer to work in our Ooltewah, TN campus.
Manufacturing Services Engineer
** You must submit a resume to Ooltewahrecruiter@millerind.com to be considered for this position **
Responsible for evaluating existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following (Other duties may be assigned).
- Support manufacturing for Continuous Improvement, quality issues on the floor, new launches, engineering changes and Lessons Learned
- Development and implementation of process control techniques and procedures
- Analysis of Manufacturing Processes (Process sheets, Tools, Facility Requirements, etc.
- Change and Create documentation of Manufacturing Processes
- Time Studies and Line Balancing depicting Manufacturing Processes
- Quality Control (NCRs disposition) and Corrective actions
- Bill of Materials – Maintaining and Restructuring
- Routings and Time associated to Piece Parts, Weldments, and/or Assemblies
- Gather data and analyze pertinent data
- Confer with design engineering and purchasing in determining product specifications
- Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process
- Conduct Root-Cause Analysis and implement corrective and preventive actions
- Determine Quality of Design, Process, and Product
- Review designs for manufacturing feasibility, suggest changes designs to ensure product cost effectiveness
- Good working relationship and effective communication skills with vendors, team members, suppliers and project teams
- Apply and utilize manufacturing best practice for efficiency, quality, safety and capability
- Completion of miscellaneous duties and projects as directed by supervisor or manager
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Related Field; or two years related experience and/ or training in an industrial environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with technical writing, MS Office, Microsoft Project, and knowledge of Quality Tools
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Must be able to troubleshoot issues and solve problems independently
- Strong team player with an ability to be hands on when necessary
- Be willing to work off shifts and weekends as required to support manufacturing
- Ability to teach and mentor others
** You must submit a resume to Ooltewahrecruiter@millerind.com **
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vets.
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $50000 per year
Requisition Number: O55