Job Title: Machine Operator|Full Time| First Shift
Miller Industries is seeking a Full Time First Shift Machine Operator|Full Time| First Shift to work in our Greeneville, TN campus.
Machine Operator|Full Time| First Shift
To be considered for this position, please send a copy of your resume to GreenevilleRecruiter@millerind.com
Set up and operate saw fabricating machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure working environment is clean and safe
- Verify specifications
- Read parts list
- Read and understand blueprints
- Work with computers and machines
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to operate saws. Knowledge of welding practices is valuable. Must be able to build prototypes and custom parts/machinery to engineering drawings with close tolerances.
- Must be able to utilize various measuring devices, interpret blueprints and use shop math.
- Basic math is needed due to the technological needs of many fabrication parts.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, push/ pull up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vets.
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $16.58 per hour
Requisition Number: G51